cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Data Management for Small/Medium Business Deployments

jnelson
13-Aquamarine

Data Management for Small/Medium Business Deployments

I am leading a new Focus Group within the PTC/USER Technical Committees that focuses on Data Management for small Windchill deployments.

This group was formed after the June 2011 PTC/USER conference because the user community spoke out (loudly) about not having good options for Data Management.

With INTRALINK 3.x no longer supported and Windchill PDMLink being more than what most small customers need/want, and the retirement of ProductPoint, many of us do not feel that PTC has a good solution for small deployments.

PTC wants to understand the need/requirements for small deployments, and that is what the Windchill for Small Deployments Focus Group is all about. We have met several times since June via conference calls and web meetings, and are about to have our first face-to-face meeting in two weeks.

At our next meeting the agenda will be to start prioritizing/categorizing requirements for Data Management in small deployments and to understand current and future PTC plans of interest to smaller customers.

Please share your concerns and indicate what is most important to you as a small customer or a manager of a small Windchill deployment.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Joel...

While our company is already running Pro/INTRALINK 9.1 (as opposed to full-blown PDMLink), I'm very interested in participating in your focus group. I believe small companies can benefit from Windchill deployments. However, I agree that the methodologies for installing and maintaining them are poor. How can I find your group to sign up or participate?

Thanks!

-Brian

jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:BrianMartin)

Brian

Thank you for your reply.

If you are interested in participating in this group you first need to be a member of the PTC/USER Technical Committees.

To do that go to:

www.ptcuser.org

Select on the Technical Committee tab, and request membership to the TC that you are interested in.

however, if this is not an option for you, I will be posting more information and/or request in the future, and you can email me directly at -/

Hi Joel...

I am already part of the Technical Committees for several specialties. Which do I need to be signed up for to be considered for inclusion into your group?

Thanks!

-Brian

jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:BrianMartin)

Brian

Then there is nothing that you need to do, I just need to confirm it.

Once I do that, I will add you to my email/meeting list.

Our next meeting will be in two weeks at the face to face January TC meetings.

After that we will go back to virtual meetings till the June conference.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags