cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Datum Flag on Leader Line

zyoder
1-Newbie

Datum Flag on Leader Line

I am trying to move a datum flag and more specifically, where it attaches to the dimension.  My system automatically attached the datum flag in line with the dimension (upper left of the attached image).  I want to move the flag to have it attached to the leader line as shown in the lower right of the image.  The lower right example is from SolidWorks (where it is very easy to do this).  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:zyoder)

I use symbols for datum tags.  I can relate these to other drafting objects so they remain in place.

It seems the more I use Creo, it makes me miss SolidWorks!  Haha.  Thanks for the feedback though.  Any idea on where I can download a set of these custom symbols so that I don't have to create them all on my own (since I don't even yet know how to create a custom symbol!)?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Even though your requirement is a valid attachment point in ASME Y14.5, I don't believe you can do it in Creo, except as Antonius suggests as a symbol.

for example:

And, since I don't like adding the datum as a symbol, I would probably change my dimension scheme to show it like this:

(only with the Ø50 to show #12-32 UNEF

Top Tags