cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Default Assembly Constraints Creo Parametric

rlilly
1-Newbie

Default Assembly Constraints Creo Parametric

I have found in Creo 2.0 that when assembling parts it often defaults to NORMAL constraint when selection two planes or axes instead of COINCIDE. 99% of the time i want the default constraint to be COINCIDE. It is annoying to constantly go to the drop down and change the constraint from NORMAL to COINCIDE. Is there a way to set the default constraint to COINCIDE so that when i select two features (plane, axis, point, surface) when assembling that I can have the COINCIDE constraint applied to them automatically and not NORMAL.

If anyone has any experience with this your help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rlilly)

I looked for this same thing and didn't find a good solution. There is a setting for how much tolerance it will have for the normal constraint.

I agree, the normal constraint is a GREAT addition to the tool box but it should NEVER be defaulted to. It's just not a common constraint.

The config option for "reducing" the assumption of normal is:

Comp_normal_offset_eps

I set it to zero because it's description says if it is equal to or less than the value, it will assume normal constraint. I don't know if it really helps or not.

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

It too found that behavior to be bothersome. I added this option (below)
It helped a little but NORMAL does still pop up often.

auto_constr_always_use_offset never

Control whether auto constraint should create offsets.
Yes - Auto constraint always creates offsets.
No - Auto constraint snaps align or mate if surfaces are within tolerance.
Never - Auto constraint never create offsets.

Tw - have a good day all
rcook
6-Contributor

Try setting the following config options:

auto_constr_always_use_offset NEVER

comp_angle_offset_eps 91

comp_normal_offset_eps -1

-Roger

Top Tags