cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Default Hidden Layers

ptc-4767168
1-Newbie

Default Hidden Layers

I have been using Creo Parametric 2.0 for several months now. Every time I start the program I have to go into the "Layer Tree" and manually unhide all the layers so I can see them (most importantly, the original datum planes) whenever I create a new part.

Is there a way to change the default setting for this? I've been looking into the Configuration Editor, but I can't figure out how to make this happen automatically.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

It depends if they are specifically hidden, which it sounds like they are, you need to change your template parts to unhide them. You also have to specifically save the layer status when you do this. This should keep your datums visible when you open a new part... at least, if they are indeed hidden.

In Creo 2.0 M030, I noticed the display of datums (points, CSYS, datums and axes) remembers the previous state and we now have to remember to change this. In this case, you can specifically state in the config.pro file that you do, or don't want each of these features displayed.

display_planes yes

display_axes yes

display_coord_sys yes

display_point yes

The difference is that these features can be hidden implicitly or they can be echoed off which technically does not move them to a hidden layer/state.

Top Tags