cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Default Room Layout & Colors

tgiauque
1-Newbie

Default Room Layout & Colors

Folks,

Like many of you, I use Pro/E to generate a lot of pretty pictures for presentations, to accommodate marketing requests, and so on. Rather than doing a straight screen dump of a model, I like to render the screen first in order to get nicer-looking pictures. Unfortunately, rendering the screen throws my beautiful part into a room that appears to be some kind of darkened torture chamber.

I would like to know if it is possible to create a new "default" room layout and color scheme. I do this sort of thing fairly often, and it's a real pain to redefine the room every time. I don't like the dark colors of the default Pro/E room, I want one that's all white walls and ceiling.

Anyone know how to redefine the default room permanently? I'm using WF5.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Giauque
Project Engineer II
FN Manufacturing, LLC
Phone (803) 736-0522 x383
Fax (803) 865-3543

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Tim,

You want to explore scenes and the graphics library that is available
for download from ptc.com.

Scenes will enable you to setup everything about the room, ie lights,
properties, decals, textures etc etc etc. This means that the whole
environment can be setup in seconds.

Regards

Iain

Lewis,

Thank you for your reply. I have already created a white wall color that can be applied to my room pretty quickly. However, I want to not have to do this every time I go to render an image. Is there a way to redefine the default room design?

Tim

Tim,

If you set the default scene in the template that you use to generate
your part then there is no need to set it later on. Ie in the template;

Regards

Iain

Tim

You can also save the scene as a new file and then use the following
config option

default_scene_filename - set to the saved scene

Paul

~hey Iain,

Where in ptc.com can we get these? (can't seem to find them...)

tia
_mark

Mark,

Goto www.ptc.com > Support > Order or download Software > ProENGINEER >
ProENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 Graphics Library .

Regards

Iain

Top Tags