cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Defualt Cross hatching

KH_5248782
2-Guest

Defualt Cross hatching

I have looked all over for an answer for this, but I have yet to find an answer. 

Is there a way for me to make a file (.PAT) which CREO reads on opening, so that when a cut section is made only predefined hatch patters are used in the drawing? This is with regards to assembly drawings btw. 

I have figured out how to make a .PAT file from which I can choose predefined patterns, but I have not been able to define the file as the default directory.
I am currently in CREO 4.0 and we do not used material selection in PTC CREO. So it will not work to assign different hatches to different materials.

Thank you for any reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @KH_5248782 

This pre-configuration is unfortunately not part of current Creo Parametric capabilities. What is possible to frive as a default is:

• Either a default angle and spacing when using default hatching, thanks to guidance provided in article 30773 (but this is not what you want)
  • Or by assigning a Material where a given cross hatching , xch or pat file, is originally assigned in it, thanks to guidance provided in article 32616 (but this is also not what you want)

There is however no config option allowing to get a default selection of what is configured in the Edit Hatching User Iinterface (accessed whil defining/redefining a cross section). This limitation applies therefore:

• To Solid Fill which cannot be selected by default when accessing the UI
  • Or to an eventual pre-selected *.pat or *.xch file when accessing Use hatch from the library option

Considering above, we may only suggest eventual creation of a mapkey which will proceed as follows:

1. Start after selection of a given section in Model Tree
  2. Perform Edit Hatching from command search results (upper right corner of the UI)
  3. Keep Use hatch from the library option
  4. Select the good Hatch Pattern (previously stored in directory where pro_crosshatch_dir points to)
  5. Press Ok

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @KH_5248782 

This pre-configuration is unfortunately not part of current Creo Parametric capabilities. What is possible to frive as a default is:

• Either a default angle and spacing when using default hatching, thanks to guidance provided in article 30773 (but this is not what you want)
  • Or by assigning a Material where a given cross hatching , xch or pat file, is originally assigned in it, thanks to guidance provided in article 32616 (but this is also not what you want)

There is however no config option allowing to get a default selection of what is configured in the Edit Hatching User Iinterface (accessed whil defining/redefining a cross section). This limitation applies therefore:

• To Solid Fill which cannot be selected by default when accessing the UI
  • Or to an eventual pre-selected *.pat or *.xch file when accessing Use hatch from the library option

Considering above, we may only suggest eventual creation of a mapkey which will proceed as follows:

1. Start after selection of a given section in Model Tree
  2. Perform Edit Hatching from command search results (upper right corner of the UI)
  3. Keep Use hatch from the library option
  4. Select the good Hatch Pattern (previously stored in directory where pro_crosshatch_dir points to)
  5. Press Ok

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags