cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Density is not changing after applying the material.

ashmech007
7-Bedrock

Density is not changing after applying the material.

Hi,

I have assign material in Creo 3.0 M120 ,but I observes its not changing automatically ,earlier it get changed by assigning the material.

On Mass property it showing incorrect values.

Any Solution!!!

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ashmech007)

Have you verified that the density in the material file is different from the current density.

You can display the density  in your model tree.

Have you done a mass property recalculation after changing the density and a regen?

Only if material is Steel 7.850 e-10^-3 the material density coming correct .

But while applying plastic material density 1.405 e-10^-3 it changes to some other value.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Just dragging the material to the assigned material block does not change it in the model. You need to right click and assign it to your model. Then recalculate the mass properties and a regen.

You can have multiple materials assigned to an object, but only 1 is applied. Green arrow in front of applied material.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Verify that the density actually changed in the part by going to FILE - PREPARE - MODEL PROPERTIES then CHANGE under the Mass Properties.

You may need to force a regeneration of the model. I usually use model player or I drag the Insert Here to the top of the model and drop it, then drag it all the way back to the bottom.

Top Tags