cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Designate parameters in relations window

tleati
10-Marble

Designate parameters in relations window

Hello,

is there some way to designate a parameter (defined in the relations window) directly in the relations window itself, with some sort of string special character?

(Otherwise each time one has to close the relations window and open the parameters one, and tick on designate...).

thanks

Tommaso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

if you expand Local Parameters area in Relations dialog box, you can designate model parameters.

rels.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. In this way however one still has to close the window, regen, and then re-open it to see the parameter in the list.

Or is there a way to make it visible in the list without closing, regen and re-opening?

What I am searching is a possible string or way to set it once and for all directly in that window.

bye

pushkarkhanna
13-Aquamarine
(To:tleati)

Hi,

All you have to do is press the verify button after defining the relations

Capture.JPG

& parameter will show up in the window, designate box can be checked off/on at this stage without the need to regenerate

Pushkar

Hi Pushkar,

ok thank you, indeed Martin's and yours advice can be a good workaround.

bye

Tommaso

James62
10-Marble

Hi,

There is no way to auto-designate the param created by relation. One way could be to predefine the param in the start part, but rather than that consider using ModelCHECK or the mapkey method described here designation of parameter by mododel check

tleati
10-Marble
(To:James62)

Hi James,

thanks for your reply.

your first suggestion about including the param in the start part, I have already made it for internal parts, indeed I forgot to specifiy in the post that my enquiry is meant for the external parts which I download from tracesparts for example, who are imported with no relations at all (unless there is the possibility to define a sort of "importing" start part also for these items, which would be extremely useful to my use)..

I read the ModelCheck post with the mapkey, yes indeed can be a way to do it and it requires a click or key press more, just like the verify button suggested by Pushkar so it would as quick as it. (I was wondering whether ther was a string to avoid further clicks or key press but seems there is no way).

thanks

bye

Tommaso

James62
10-Marble

If it's a STEP, IGES file or any other universal format then it can be loaded to Creo using start prt and start asm. Even an assembly and all of it's sub assemblies with parts can have parameters, relations, layers etc. loaded automatically using this method.

import step with start parts

Either way, I still recommend to have a look at ModelCHECK and the ModelUPDATE functionality it offers especially for Interactive Mode. In a long run it saves a ton of time that is otherwise spent on manual fixing of the existing/legacy models.

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/#page/pma/model_analysis/ModelCHECK_Overview.html

tleati
10-Marble
(To:James62)

Thanks a lot James!!

I had also searched about this possibility but didn't find anything, maybe also because that option is not mentioned by default in the "options" UI in Parametric...

Yes indeed I don't know what ModelCheck is yet, but I will get informed about it.

Have a nice day,

Tommaso

Top Tags