cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Designers of Tomorrow

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

Designers of Tomorrow

Last year, we did a short case study about a team of 14-year-old high school students who have been very successful in the Solar Sprints Competition, designing a solar car with Pro/ENGINEER.

Now, I just got an email from the proud mother, with an update: the success of the team is being continued with yet another win and again, the winning car was designed with Pro/ENGINEER and in record-time. Actually, the kids were able to design the car in just one afternoon, the mother says.

Being a mother myself, I just love to hear about such successes. Do your kids show an interest in your profession? Do they take part in any such contests? Do you encourage them to think/read/learn about technical things?

Different question: How did you decide to start a career in engineering? Have you been influenced by your father, or another family member?

I am attaching a photo of the young [Pro] ENGINEERs and their model 🙂

Solar Sprints May 2010.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

PS - here's a link to the story we did last year: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/95914/en/4645_VoiceSolarsprint_CS.pdf

Top Tags