Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail views, outlines no spline.

SOLVED
Luigi_72
Visitor

Detail views, outlines no spline.

It isi possible create a detail view in which the bonudary is not a spline but a geometric shape (circle, rectangle). Important, i speak the detail view ed not the principal view.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Detail views, outlines no spline.

No. It is always a spline. I normally let the circle be created and then redo the spline to fit the circle.

I wish they would fix this, but after many decades, I don't think they will.

You can always crop a view for a rectangle, but not for a detail view.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No. It is always a spline. I normally let the circle be created and then redo the spline to fit the circle.

I wish they would fix this, but after many decades, I don't think they will.

You can always crop a view for a rectangle, but not for a detail view.

View solution in original post

Fascinating!!! i asked this same question about 18 years ago. My approach to this is the same as Antonius's.

Maybe, one day, Ptc will surprise us with this.

John

And one day man will land on the moon

Welcome to the forum, Luigi!

I am relatively new to Creo but find it lacking in many ways. I would've thought a package of this caliber would allow users more options, instead it cripples the design process. Rather disappointed.

Announcements