cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Detailing in Creo Parametric 2

ptc-5289794
1-Newbie

Detailing in Creo Parametric 2

Q1. How can I select all dimension in a creo drawing view and how can I change all dimensions properties?

Q2. I changed the option of tol_display in drawing properties from no to yes but I haven’t seen the tolerance display with each dimension. Infact I had to select every single dimension and then I changed its tolerance display from nominal to symmetric. It’s very time consuming.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Q1:

1. Select the "Annotate" tab.
  2. Set the smart filter in the lower right corner to"dimension".
  3. Drag a window over the entire drawing to select all dimensions.
  4. Right click adn hold and select "properties" from the pop up menu.

Q2:

I think that option only applies to newly created dimensions, not to existing ones or to model dimensions. Also, if you chagned your drawing setup file (*.dtl) on disk that has no effect on existing drawings. When a drawing is created, the settings in the *.dtl file are loaded into the drawing and it becomes independant of the *.dtl file. You then need to either reload the *.dtl file or change the settings in the drawing itself.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

Try this too.

(Menu from WF5/Creo)

File->Drawing Options

Scroll down to Tol_display (in the These Options Control Dimension Tolerances section)

Set to yes and then apply.

This should set the current drawing, but you'll need to change the config.pro for it to be in new drawings going forward.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags