cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Different color's for front and back surface

StephanLieker
2-Guest

Different color's for front and back surface

I use Creo 2.0.

Under ProE, you could apply the front and back with a different color on a surface (not a Solidsurface).

This was particularly useful for complex/detailed construction tasks.

How do I get this under Creo 2.0 ?

Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solution:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS31449&lang=en

1. single_side_surf_color yes
  2. The ALT key will act as a modifier and will show the direction arrow on the surface when the surface is ALT picked.

Stephan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forum, Stephan.

You might be having a problem with your selection filter. You can easily select individual surfaces for appearance changes at part level and assembly levels. The only limitation is that if a surface is broken up but made as one feature, it will remain grouped unless you have the advanced surface model extension.

Try setting the selection filter to "geometry" and select the surface you want to change the color of.

There is also some limitations in the animation tool. If you use transparency in the sequence, it does not act on surfaces with appearance changes.

Here is an example.

The colors "side one" and "side two" are different.

Stephan

example.png

Config option seems to be single_side_surf_color set to yes tho i still cant apply colour to one side of surface somehow.

Yep, surfaces are different.

If you look, config options doesn't maintain this setting. I'm going to suggest this is a style extension only feature.

Solution:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS31449&lang=en

1. single_side_surf_color yes
  2. The ALT key will act as a modifier and will show the direction arrow on the surface when the surface is ALT picked.

Stephan

Thanks for the follow-up, Stephan! Another hidden jewel in the Creo line.

I suppose the Alt key was getting lonely over there so they had to assign -something- to it

Top Tags