cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Different kind o mesh in model tree

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Different kind o mesh in model tree

Hi all,

I can't be able to open a new idea for Creo, so I decided to open a discussion in the hope someone will do it.

The point is to have different kind of mesh within the same assembly/part.

At the moment, if I want to test if different kind of mesh will give so different results or which one is the best, I need different files (e.g.: bracket_1.prt bracket_2.prt  and so), each ones with yhe only difference of the mesh, or inside the same file making more analysis with different name by remaking a new mech between each analysis.

It is not very convenient...

By following the first manner, you have to mange a lots of identical files with an increment of the consume of space on the disk (maybe sometimes the files are big) and if I make a change, I have to repeate the same change on each file.

But you can launch a batch file to let all analysis be done.

By following the second manner, you can do a batch file (you have to be present at the end of each run to set and run the other).

I think that it will be great if there will be the possibility to save in the model tree, not the mesh, the instruction to build the mesh.

You could have different meshes in the tree, selectable at the moment of the analysis' setting.

In this manner you set different analysis with different mesh within the same file and you can run a batch file.

3 REPLIES 3

I know.

Anyway, sometime is useful to have the possibility of to see what happen if you change something regarding the mesh.

For example the difference between a tetra mesh without controls and a tetra mesh with a certain maximum size control over the entire component or only in a localized section.

I would suggest that that's a very simplistic model, and one for which the default mesh settings are adequate.  I'm sure I've had real-world models where mesh controls have been required to achieve good convergence in areas of interest.

If this is not the case, why are the mesh controls even included?

At the end my suggestion is only having the possibility of a multiple choice between different meshes over which launching the analysis.

Top Tags