cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dimension Change

dshorter
1-Newbie

Dimension Change

We have done a number of drawings for a project before we realized that the dimensions were set to inches. Is there a way to convert all these drawings so they display in mm.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I think you will have to switch units in every model and every drawing.

Model:

Click File > Prepare > Model Properties > change in Units row > activate appropriate units in Units Manager dialog box

Drawing:

Click File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > change in Deatil Options row > load drawing option file prepared for "millimeters" (for example change drawing_units option value)

MH

Martin Hanák

Actually, I think there is a way to do this...

In the drawing, go to File > Prepare > Model Properties > Detail Options [change].

Set dual_dimensioning to secondary and dual_secondary_units to mm.

Give that a shot...

Hi David,

Does any of the reply on post help you?

Hi Mahesh

I have asked the Creo3 Teacher concerned to try the solutions with the students and let me know the result. I will report back when I

have a response.

Top Tags