cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Dimension Text Placement

larry.smith
1-Newbie

Dimension Text Placement

Creo Parametric 2.0 M050

When placing a dimension in drawing mode. Once you make the final click to add the dimension. The dim text defaults to the center between the arrows. See image

Is there an option to disable this snap functionality?

Dim_Text_Placement.jpg

Thank you

Larry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

There is not any config.pro option that I know of, but you can temporarily disable this automatic positioning by holding down ctrl+shift.

Few other tips to handle dims are documented here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/note.jsp?&im_dbkey=135457&icg_dbkey=826

Jakub,

Thanks for the information. However, when I select Ctrl+Shift that puts my session into "Orient Mode".

Can you revisit that response please.

Larry

Larry, Isn't this 'Orient Mode' specific only to model environment, and not to drawing mode?

I can't tell for sure right now, but what i can tell is Ctrl+Shift doesn't put you into any mode if you load Creo Parametric 2.0 in it's default settings. In the drawing mode at least.

Top Tags