cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Dimension and tolerance to 3 places

ptc-6661379
4-Participant

Dimension and tolerance to 3 places

Hi all,

I have struggled with this several times in the past. I have a feature where I would like the diameter to have limits of 5.257 / 5.250. I would like this to display as a 3 place decimal on the drawing. I can't seem to do this. I end up having to have a nominal feature of 5.2535 with a ±.0035 tolerance (switched to limit tolerance for display). I then get a display of 5.2570 / 5.2500. This has repeatedly caused questions internally and externally as it is the only dimension displayed to 4 decimal places. If I change to 3 place decimal display, the dimension changes to 5.258 / 5.250. This is really frustrating me and I'm sure that I'm not the first to run into this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ptc-6661379 wrote:

Hi all,

I have struggled with this several times in the past. I have a feature where I would like the diameter to have limits of 5.257 / 5.250. I would like this to display as a 3 place decimal on the drawing. I can't seem to do this. I end up having to have a nominal feature of 5.2535 with a ±.0035 tolerance (switched to limit tolerance for display). I then get a display of 5.2570 / 5.2500. This has repeatedly caused questions internally and externally as it is the only dimension displayed to 4 decimal places. If I change to 3 place decimal display, the dimension changes to 5.258 / 5.250. This is really frustrating me and I'm sure that I'm not the first to run into this problem.

Greg

Hi,

the problem is related to MAINTAIN_LIMIT_TOL_NOMINAL config.pro option. The option is set to NO by default (I used Creo 7.0.5.0 during testing) and because of this Creo changes nominal value to 5.2535 (4 decimal places are needed) after setting Limit tolerance display.

If you set MAINTAIN_LIMIT_TOL_NOMINAL YES, then Creo maintains dimension nominal value after setting Limit tolerance display and you will get what you need.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6661379)

Try setting the nominal dimension to 5.2533, then apply your +/-.0035 and change to 3 place display. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Rounding rules for engineering go to the even number when the last digit is a 5. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

BenLoosli_0-1635271465839.png

Creo 7.0.5.0

@ptc-6661379 wrote:

Hi all,

Greg

Hi,

the problem is related to MAINTAIN_LIMIT_TOL_NOMINAL config.pro option. The option is set to NO by default (I used Creo 7.0.5.0 during testing) and because of this Creo changes nominal value to 5.2535 (4 decimal places are needed) after setting Limit tolerance display.

If you set MAINTAIN_LIMIT_TOL_NOMINAL YES, then Creo maintains dimension nominal value after setting Limit tolerance display and you will get what you need.

Martin Hanák

It's been a while since I've logged into the community. I just wanted to thank you for this answer. Such a simple adjustment and the headache is gone. Thanks for taking the time to contribute and share your knowledge!

Greg

Top Tags