cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Dimension properties?

MikeMinsterkett
1-Newbie

Dimension properties?

Does anyone know if there is a setting to change the orientation option under dimension properties in a 2d drawing? Mine is graeyed out & I cant find the setting to control this.

See picture.

ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 03 11.17.gif

Thanks

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Mike;

You may want to try looking at your "Drawing Set-up" file or "Config.pro".

I've been off of WF5.0 for a more than half a year or I may have a better answer.

Good Luck;

Roy

The option is used for dimensions that use points or vertices for references

jrodrigues
5-Regular Member
(To:Kevin)

Mike,

The "orient" option in the dimension property box is active only when there are number of possible ways for defining that dimension.

Say that the dimension created between the two entities can be placed horizontal or vertical, normal or parallel to an entity, then only, in such cases we can use the orient option in redifining the orientation of the dimension.

OK. I was thinking it controlled the orientation of how the dimension was displayed.

I want to display my dimensions as shown in the picture.

ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 10 08.35.gif

Is there a setting for displaying them in this way?

That orientation is the default ANSI dimension orientation.

I changed my settings to ANSI & a few others now I can dimension in this way.

Thanks

Top Tags