cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Dimensioning Slots in Pro E

ptc-256498
1-Newbie

Dimensioning Slots in Pro E

Is there a convienient way to add cross-hairs to the center of the radius feature in an internal slot for a drawing? The way I have been doing it is very cumbersome and does not always look good.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know how you are doing this.

I am doing a lot of drawings from imported parts with no axis at all. I am using 2 methods for Axis.

1. use the cylinder suface to create a new axis

2. pattern the 1st axis created with method 1 of a circular bolt array when I need a bolt circle centerline on a drawing. (re: radial_pattern_axis_circle | Yes)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't know how you are doing this.

I am doing a lot of drawings from imported parts with no axis at all. I am using 2 methods for Axis.

1. use the cylinder suface to create a new axis

2. pattern the 1st axis created with method 1 of a circular bolt array when I need a bolt circle centerline on a drawing. (re: radial_pattern_axis_circle | Yes)

I tried the cylinder surface to create a new axis. It works great. Just what I wanted. Thanks

Hi Doug...

One alternate method that doesn't require adding an additional axis feature- you can add an AXIS POINT to your slot sketch. This will automatically create an axis within the slot feature. This will show as a set of cross hair sin your drawing.

Depending upon the version of Pro/ENGINEER or Creo you're using, the method for adding this axis point is different. For Wildfire 4 and lower (WF3, WF2), select Axis Point from the top Sketch menu. In Wildfire 5 or later (Creo 1.0+), you add a Geometry Point from the sketcher "point" flyout menu (usually along the right hand side).

Either way, you drop this "point" at the location you want the axis to appear. If you want the axis to appear at the center of the radius of an arc, you can drop the point at the arc centerpoint. When you complete the feature, the axis will appear in your solid model.

One final way to create the axes you need is to set show_axes_for_extr_arcs to yes (in your config.pro file). I personally don't prefer this because if this option is set, you'll start seeing axes anywhere you're extruded an arc rather than just adding them to specific places as necessary. However, some people prefer the convenience of setting an option and having the axes appear automatically.

I hope that gives you some additional options!

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks Brian. Good to know this trick too.

Top Tags