cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Dimensioning question

ptc-944906
1-Newbie

Dimensioning question

Using the attached pdf as an example. How do I make a vertical dimension from a hole in the left view to a hole in the right view? Thanks
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Go to View>Show and Erase and select 'axis' (you can sort by feature or view). This will place axis and centre marks on the part where relevant. You can then dimention from the axis of the bottom hole to the crosshair on the top hole (on the same view, left hand side). If you want to have a dimention attached to both views, you will just have to try it, I don't know what would happen, not sure if you can dimension from one view to another but at least you will be able to place the dimension you want.

If you needed a dimension from one view to another then the best way would be to dimension as Joesph says and pull one of the axis leaders over to the view with the dimension.

That was exactly what I needed. Thanks to the both of you.

From a drafting stand point you shouldn't dimension to two views.
Top Tags