cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Dimensioning

jcolon
3-Visitor

Dimensioning

I am dimensioning an internal diameter, is it possible to remove the extension line? On the attached picture you can see the line I want removed (marked with red arrow). Those internal teeth should all be unobstructed, but I can't get rid of that line.

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jcolon)

I don't think you can eliminate them, but you can grab the drag handles and change their length.

(Note:  The video will not appear until approved by a moderator.)

You can also flip the diemnsions so it's pointing form outside.

I needed it to be internal like this (weird, i know, but th engineer gets what the engineer wants) so I wound up making it into a linear dimensions and lined it up so that it looked like this type of internal dimension and not whow the extension line, which is fine when I create a PDF of the drawing.

It is technically cheating and not the right way, but there didn't seem to be another way of doing what I needed. Thanks all!

jcolon
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

I didn't know you could drag the handles like this, but unfortunately, the extension line created is because it isn't a solid circle, so while I could drag another line with th ehandle around th ecircumferance of th ecircle, the one automatically created does not have any grip points on it that I can actually create.

Anthony
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

I am using Creo 2.0, so it may be different for whichever version you are using.

As shown in TomU's video you have to highlight the dimension and then hoover your mouse over the end of the extension line. If you drag it to the tip of the arrow it should remove it completely but will come back if you move the dimension. 

TomU, You should be able to click twice on the circles edge and it will automatically create the dimension as a diameter. 

pbenoit
12-Amethyst

You should be able to right click on the dimension and "flip-arrows" so that the dimenion will be in a single line.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Have you tried a right cick on the witness line.  In 4.0 I get the opton to erase the witness line.  I believe the same option was avilable in 2.0 within the properties dialog box.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags