cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dimensions are disappearing in drawing

bdontagani
1-Newbie

Dimensions are disappearing in drawing

Dear Creo Users,

I am working on drawings using Creo 2.0, whenever I close the file and reopen I see most of the dimensions are disappear.

However I save and take backup many times.

Do you have any quick solution for this.

9 REPLIES 9
mender
6-Contributor
(To:bdontagani)

A couple things to check:  1) do you have an unsaved change to layer status?  2) If you do File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options, 'update drawing' for the name and 'all' for the value', OK, regenerate, does the the problem then no longer occur?

If neither of these, I'd say file an SPR and we'll figure out what's going on here.

The only time I've had this happened is if I use the same symbol (&d-whatever) in a note.  Even if the dimension was showing, it will disappear at some point when called elsewhere.

This is dangerous behavior.  It is one reason I will never have a rule that makes me use driving dimensions from the model only.

I suspect this also bleeds over when model dimensions are shown in model annotations.

Just use the dimension symbol name in another note, then save the note. When you re-edit to remove the symbol or delete the second note, the dimension will be restored and the dimension values will remain in the original note.

If you are creating drawing dimensions but have them stored in the model but then replace/overwrite the model, the dimensions that were created will be lost.

Is there a way to not store created dimensions to the drawing? We would like to have model changes being done by a designer in parallel with drafting changes by a drafter. We have found that the dimensions will disappear if the drafter does not have the model checked out when adding dimensions. Is there a solution for this? 

I think you might want to have a look at how the config.pro option create_drawing_dims_only works.

If you cut the dimension line using "parametric" option and a magnet line for cutting (and getting symmetry) the dimension will disappear. So you have to use "simple" option and cut the line manually.

mae
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:bdontagani)

I have the same issue.  What is an SPR and how do I submit?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mae)

Software Performance Report

You will need to open a call with the help center and have them research the issue. If they cannot provide a satisfactory answer, ask the engineer to open a SPR with development.

Top Tags