cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dimensions to draft entities

James62
10-Marble

Dimensions to draft entities

Hello,

Is there a way to convert dimensions of a drawing view to draft entities while converting view containing the dims?

It seems to work only for geometry lines.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Jakub

If you convert view to Draft Entities (Draft Group) system divide the entities to small groups - see pictures:

draft-ent.png

Dimensions are converted to Annotation features.

Vladimir

Note: If you need separated all entities - save your file to exchange format (dxf, dwg).

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

hi Vlad,

Thank you. You've just helped me to solve my long term problem.

I had a trouble getting huge assembiles from Pro/E to DWG file that is already containing other sheets or so.

Convert to draft entities command helped me to cancel the associativity between parts which Pro/E brings to DWGs during export but there was still problem with dimensions.

The values of dimensions from Pro/E 2D DWG export change even if the drawing is created in 1:1 scale when you try to copy the drawing from DWG exported from Pro/E to another DWG file.

Long story short. I want to make usefull DWGs where the whole documentation of one project is in one file and DWGs that you can print from so the output doesnt come out in colors. DWG exported from Pro/E leads to colored print and copying the entities to other DWG file solves that problem.

To prevent the dimensions from changing their values during movement to other DWG you can simply explode/break the dimensions in AutoCAD/BricsCAD or some sort of DWG editor.

So simple and so long it took to figure out.

Hope that makes any sense ^.^

Thanks again.

- you are welcome.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello Vladimir,

I'm trying to convert view with dim's to symbol.

to convert into symbol 1st we need to convert view into entities after that we can able to convert that as symbol, here i'm facing issue i'm not able to take that dims with view to covert into symbol.

will you pls help me how to handle this.

Thanks, 

Top Tags