cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Dimensions which disappear

MauroStefanovic
4-Participant

Dimensions which disappear

Hi,

i noticed a trouble on drawings of instances of family table.

1) I have a generic model A and a instance B of generic model A.

2) I create a drawing with model A and i add dimensions in drawing. I save and i close drawing.

3) I open drawing with A and save a copy. I close drawing with A and i open the copy.

4) I change model in drawing with instance B. I delete dimensions from drawing and i save and i close.

5) I reopen drawing with A and dimensions disapper.

Anyone can help me? Dimensions are jointed to model and not to drawing? I not retrive dimensions from model. I create manually.

Thank you,.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to use the config setting "create_drawing_dims_only" and set to yes

or

Erase the dimension from the second drawing instead of deleting it.

When you create a dimension in a drawing it can be added to the model, based on the configuration setting above. By copying the drawing you copied the reference to the dimension. When you deleted the dimension on the second drawing, you deleted the dimension that was stored in the model so the first drawing could no longer find it in the model.

If you set the config "create_drawing_dims_only" to yes, dimensions that are added afterwards will be part of the drawing and not in the model, so there is no reference to lose.

If you erase the dimension from one drawing, it only affects its display and won't remove it from the model or the drawing and won't remove it from other drawings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

have u created the dimension in drawing? If so please create the dimension by" show model annotation" or retriving the model dimension. Let me know if the issues still persists.

You need to use the config setting "create_drawing_dims_only" and set to yes

or

Erase the dimension from the second drawing instead of deleting it.

When you create a dimension in a drawing it can be added to the model, based on the configuration setting above. By copying the drawing you copied the reference to the dimension. When you deleted the dimension on the second drawing, you deleted the dimension that was stored in the model so the first drawing could no longer find it in the model.

If you set the config "create_drawing_dims_only" to yes, dimensions that are added afterwards will be part of the drawing and not in the model, so there is no reference to lose.

If you erase the dimension from one drawing, it only affects its display and won't remove it from the model or the drawing and won't remove it from other drawings.

Thank you so much. This community is great for improve as cad users.

Top Tags