cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Disable exRefs on Part to Part Basis?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Disable exRefs on Part to Part Basis?

Is it possible to designate parts in an assy as being available/not available for External Referencing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Excellent Eric, I'll give that a shot, totally forgot about Reference Control.

I'll try and come up with better wording for a product enhancement idea. I think my desciption isn't a very good one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not that I'm aware of. You can set external referencing globally and/or on a part/assembly basis for the features within that part or assembly. For instance, I can set global references to use all external references but for features within a bracket part, I can say to use skeleton only, etc. Which I think is the opposite of what you are trying to do, right?

kind of, i was hoping that there was something like the "lock" feature on a part.

but I'll have to look into what you mentioned.

thank you.

Something like a lock would be much better than what is currently available. You should start a product idea.

Global reference control is set through File-->Options-->Assembly.

Individual basis is set through File-->Prepare-->Model Properties-->Model Interfaces...you can also set it by right clicking in the model tree-->reference control. I hope it works for you. You might be able to create a subassembly of parts that you don't want external references for, etc. but something tells me that's more work than it's worth and may not get you what you want.

Excellent Eric, I'll give that a shot, totally forgot about Reference Control.

I'll try and come up with better wording for a product enhancement idea. I think my desciption isn't a very good one.

Top Tags