cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

OverBraid functionality in Pro Cabling

MIke2
3-Visitor

OverBraid functionality in Pro Cabling

Does anyone know how the overbraid functionality works in cabling or what format it requires in a neutral/logical file? The only two help files i can find basically say it can only be created if the overbraid exists in a logical file. I was hoping it could represent the conduit in my harness assembly. Thanks, if any one can help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:MIke2)

Are you creating logical data with Creo Schematics?

I only remember that auto-routing of overbraid (multi-level bundle) is not routing the top level and you need to create the top level manually with Overbraid > Modify Overbraid:

CS121973 : After importing overbraid with multiple levels from Creo Schematics, the bundle to represent the top level is not routed

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS121973

MIke2
3-Visitor
(To:gkoch)

No, We are actually using Autocad Electrical and creating our own neutral files. So at the minimum - i.m trying to find out what the format/parameters for overbraid should look like in a neutral file. the help files do specify that overbraid can only be created logically. Thanks.

Top Tags