cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Display tolerance on an @S dimension name on drawing

KarenMoore
1-Newbie

Display tolerance on an @S dimension name on drawing

I have changed a dimension name to "L" for length and used @S to display the symbol on the drawing. Is there a way to display the symmetric tolerance on the dimension?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I recently had to do this for a dimension with a Plus-Minus tolerance. I found in the help files creating supercript & subscript in notes the following: "To create superscripted text, type [@+text@#]and to create subscripted text, type [@-text@#],where text is the note text that is superscripted or subscripted."

As I needed both my dimension text looked as this: @S [@++0.000@#@--0.015@#]

I did have to manually enter the tolerance (+0 and -.015) though.

Hope this helps,

Rodney, WF4 M160

Hi,

Just as a clarification: The brackets [ & ] are not needed, unless you want your text enclosed in brackets. I attachedsamples (Text_Diff.png).

The top example is made like this: TEXT@++0.000@#@--0.015@#

The middle example is made like this: TEXT [@++0.000@#@--0.015@#]

If you don't want the plus or minus symbols, you only need one + sign or one - sign.

The bottom exampleis made like this: TEXT @+SUPERSCRIPT@#@-SUBSCRIPT@#

The instructions are in the Fundamentals of Drawinghelp fileyou can download from the Pro/ENGINEER Support Center atwww.ptc.com. The Text help is in Chapter 7 (Creating Notes), and this type of manipulation information starts around page 7-5. You will need to create a user account to get to the help documents.

Thanks...Brian

In Reply to Rodney Decker:

I recently had to do this for a dimension with a Plus-Minus tolerance. I found in the help files creating supercript & subscript in notes the following: "To create superscripted text, type [@+text@#]and to create subscripted text, type [@-text@#],where text is the note text that is superscripted or subscripted."

As I needed both my dimension text looked as this: @S [@++0.000@#@--0.015@#]

I did have to manually enter the tolerance (+0 and -.015) though.

Hope this helps,

Rodney, WF4 M160

Top Tags