cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Do pdf from drawing through text parameters.

vishalprajapati
10-Marble

Do pdf from drawing through text parameters.

Hello Everyone,

I tried to convert the PDF file from existing drawings in creo through .text file.

Please give the solution how to do this or which is possible or not.

5 REPLIES 5

That is three things: PDF; Creo drawing; .text parameters.

What is the relation do you think they have to each other?

Hello dschenken,

See, i have made one model using .text file in creo 2.0.

Then if i changed the parameters in .text file and update this file (read file by regenerate) in creo hence my model will changed.

Simultaneously my 2D Drawing will changed and update sheet.

now i want help to convert that drawing in pdf format with the help of .text file like i set one parameters in .text file so automatically they convert in pdf.

is it possible.

You manually caused Creo to regenerate the model. You need to manually cause Creo to create the PDF.

You can use a mapkey to record regenerating the model and then creating the PDF so that running the mapkey will do both.

See http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_five_sub%2FAbout_Mapkeys.html or look in your local Help files for Mapkeys.

There are other automation tools such as Weblink and J-Link and the VBA API which can be used. Those are much more capable and much more complicated than mapkeys.

Hello dschenken,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Hello dschenken, Thank you

Top Tags