cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Draft Group - Mapkey Creo Drawing STandardising our material Notes

Anand_G
4-Participant

Draft Group - Mapkey Creo Drawing STandardising our material Notes

HI All,

We are using different material notes n our drawing, eg, Assembly drawing notes, welding drawing notes, part material notes. Each user is typing the notes differently so to communize we exploring a option to use draft group in a separate drawing which will have all the drawing notes, we are trying to use map key "notes" to pull this note drawing and the user needs to pick the note he needs and has to position in their drawing. Could somebody help us on we can automate easily. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi AG_8232244,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) or a short video to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,
Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

BG_9869104
12-Amethyst
(To:Anand_G)

Well... A mapkey to bring it over and place can be tricky. I messed with that a little bit.

Have to choose carefully what to try to automate. 

The method I use is a share location that has txt files. One standard note text per txt file. The users only have read access. The note box is created by the drafter. Note txt is brought in from the txt files and placed in the note. 

The material note specifically has referenced &parameters that are setup in the start part. To one material note covers most... Exceptions when adding option materials, have a multi material note as well.

There is 3rd party software for this I got to take it for a spin once 

https://www.buw-soft.de/en/products/smartannotate/

The setup time would be multiple full time jobs so it was a no go for me. It does way way more then just this case. If it takes that much manpower to setup $$ I bet it cost accordingly. 

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Anand_G)

We do this with a combination of mapkeys and a vbs script that calls Excel where our notes live. I have a proposal in for PTC/User that will show how we do it. If my proposal is picked you could come to PTC/User and see what we do.

Top Tags