cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing BOM with repeat regions

wmyers-2
1-Newbie

Drawing BOM with repeat regions

I know how to make a BOM with repeat regions for one assembly, However we use a "TPANEL" drawing which is for multiple similar assemblies. So I need to create a BOM like back in the drawing board days that has multiple columns for quantities where is Assy 1 and Assy 2  have the same parts except for say Metric and English hardware, and column 1 is for Metric version and column 2 is for English version. If I have a view with each assembly on my drawing and 2 quantity columns

I want to use auto balloon on each assembly and display the proper balloons.

If you are thinking why do this instead of making 2 assemblies with 2 numbers well because my employer wants it this way right now on these drawings we are hand ballooning with notes and it drives me crazy, there has got to be a better way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Based on this: http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-drawing/18760-bom-repeat-regi-n-manipulating-table.html

It seems like you create parallel but separate repeat regions in the same table and set each region to the appropriate model.

Not sure how well this works as I haven't had a need to try it. In particular, I don't know how one region that has the asm.mbr.name gets fed items that are only in the assembly the other region refers to.

Similar:

how to make bom table for assemblies containing same parts (has video)

Multi-assembly repeat regions

If you have maint (i don't) CS102227 - How to show BOM balloons of components using new Column/Rep in Creo Parametric 2.0

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:wmyers-2)

‌The way I handle this is to create one table that contains all the required information and use individual tables to that match the main report table to control the balloons. You then hide or move the additional tables outside the visible area of the sheet. As far as know balloons are still not supported for a regions containing multiple quantity columns. I've seen others who use a item number parameter in the models to help sort the BOM otherwise you end up needing to fix the indices to match the tables. You also need a custom balloon if you use a component parameter for the index number.

Top Tags