cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pull a surface

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Pull a surface

Hi all, i have created an N-sided patch, which for the most part i am happy with. I have a reference curve (in blue) which the surface does quite follow. This curve cannot be referenced as part of the patch feature. I can live with this, its close enough, but i was wondering if there is a way of dragging the surface to the curve. I looked at warp, using spine, but could not make it work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Steven, thank you for your replies. I don't have Style feature, but what you show looks a lot like the old free form manipulation. Its still there buried deep in the software. I did try this, & I have tried using this feature many times over the years, but I have never had success with it. With regards the video, I saw this or something similar a while back. I have never used it myself, only once in one of my reference models that I sometimes create.

I guess going back to my original question, what I want to do can not be done, or at least not easily.

Regards

John

Top Tags