cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Drawing Only Displaying in Wireframe

EthanT24
5-Regular Member

Drawing Only Displaying in Wireframe

Hey all,

I am currently making a drawing for a simplified rep of a large model. When I want to use "No Hidden" for display and "None" for tangent edges, my model will only display in wireframe, which pretty much freezes up Creo because of the massive amount of CPU being used. Is there a way I can fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EthanT24)

With large assemblies and simplified reps, you need to make sure you only open up the rep you want to work in and not the master rep. Make sure your drawing only references the rep you want and not the master rep.

What are your computer specs? RAM? Video Card?

There is not much that helps speed up large assembly drawings but having enough RAM and having a good video card will at least let you work without crashing.

EthanT24
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

The active rep that I am using in the drawing is the simplified rep. The problem is that when the model is "temporarily displayed in wireframe", is when I start experiencing issues. My question is what could be causing the model to do this whenever I try to set the view display to "no hidden"?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's possible you are just running out of RAM. Maybe your video card isn't capable of handling the load.

There are some config.pro settting you can use for adding views to eliminate the wireframe preview but if you are that close to crashing already, it might not help.

auto_regen_views NO

display_in_adding_view minimal_wireframe

disp_trimetric_dwg_mode NO

There may be others. These are what I found quickly.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I have 32 gig of ram, our large assemblies got to where 16 gig would open them, sometimes not even a rep.

We use Nvidia M4000 video cards.

bobmichegan
4-Participant

I have tried adding the view with the desired DS, changing after a view was created, making a Configuration where the enveloping part is wireframe, and toggling between HLR and wireframe on all the views.No difference on the drawing - the view will show the model in the default HLR mode. Toggling the view Display Style changes all parts in the assembly at the same time.

I suppose I could as a work-around use shading and printing to a "black & white"PDF. That actually makes it greyscale and the view becomes a great big blotch, but it is at least in the vicinity of the desired result...

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bobmichegan)

What exactly are you trying to do?

Drawing view display is for the entire view.

Under the layout tab, there is a component display that you can use to set a component to a different display.

If you include a screen shot of what you want or what your problem is, maybe we can help.

@bobmichegan wrote:

I have tried adding the view with the desired DS, changing after a view was created, making a Configuration where the enveloping part is wireframe, and toggling between HLR and wireframe on all the views.No difference on the drawing - the view will show the model in the default HLR mode. Toggling the view Display Style changes all parts in the assembly at the same time.

I suppose I could as a work-around use shading and printing to a "black & white"PDF. That actually makes it greyscale and the view becomes a great big blotch, but it is at least in the vicinity of the desired result...

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Top Tags