cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing / Part disappear

BrandonPage
1-Newbie

Drawing / Part disappear

I just installed Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0 and when I start to draw a rectangle the plane disapears. If I rotate the view it comes back for 1 second but then disappears again...reapeat repeat repeat after I draw the rectangle and pull it up to make a solid it still continues....any Ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Could be the graphic board or its driver.

Wich type do you use ?

Best wishes !

Matthias

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Laptop is ThinkPad 2.5 ghz dual core

video card is
Intel 965 Express

works fine with Solid Works, Ansys & Alibre...ect

I have the same problem with my Dell Vostro with Intel 965 Chipset and Dual Core x7900 Extreme 2.8Ghz processor. Works fine with Solidworks, Sketchup, TurboCad, and Autocad. How did you fix it?

Not sure this will work with express but with the full elements direct package you can run in a software graphics mode when, as in your case, you do not have a true 3D OpenGL graphics card. You can set an env variable, then start Modeling and restart Modeling. Pretty sure this is not a PTC supported mode to run but worth a try especially if your just trying out the software or getting started with express.

SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE

I had the same problem on Vista, with Intel 965 Express video controller.

Filipe Rosendo had the correct solution, but for me I needed a little help.

1) Google how to set a Windows System Wide Variable for your OS system and version.

2) Do what it says.

3) The Variable you are to set is called SDPIXELFORMAT

4) You set the value of that variable to SOFTWARE

5) Save the System Variable. Exit the process/window/task you began in step 2.

6) Exit Creo Elements, if it was running.

7) Restart Creo Elements.

😎 Creo should now work as you expect!

Rob

Top Tags