cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawing Template Overlay Persistence

tstern95
5-Regular Member

Drawing Template Overlay Persistence

Hey All,

I am creating a drawing template using both a format and an overlay. The border of the drawing is table that was created using a format and then overlaid on the drawing. What I like about this is that the border is easy to setup using the table (neat, accurate and easy to change) and it doesn't get in the way when working on a drawing using this template (no cells in the background especially when working on tables). However, the overlaid border does not persist when a new sheet is created. I know that importing the border as a format would work, but then the table would be quite cumbersome when people are trying to work with tables in a drawing, as the table the border is made from fills the entire sheet, causing them to potentially select cells or change the border accidentally. So, my questions are...

1) Is there a way to make the overlay persist and show up on a new sheet whenever one is created in the drawing template?

2) If not, is there a way to make it so the table used to create the border is essentially "read only" and won't get in the way when people are working on tables in the drawing?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags