cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Drawing View Cross Sections

JWayman
1-Newbie

Drawing View Cross Sections

Hello,

I just stumbled across the fact that, for a given view, I can show 1, 2, or more Cross Sections in the same view at the same time.

My first reaction was,

'Wow! That's great!'.

However, on reflection, I can't think of a reason why I would want to show more than one section in the same view.

Am I missing something? Is there a good reason for showing 2 or more cross sections in the same view at the same time? Is this a brilliant feature I need to embrace and share with my users? Or is it a 'borderline bug' that just happens to work that way without breaking anything useful?

I would welcome your advice.

WF4, M220

Cheers,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JWayman)

I use it all the time for breakouts (local x-sections). I mostly do weldments and I typically have many areas that I need to callout a weld for a part that is obscured by another component.

I may have 4 or 5 local breakouts in a view to dimension or weld components that don't require a full view x-section to define.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I use it all the time for breakouts (local x-sections). I mostly do weldments and I typically have many areas that I need to callout a weld for a part that is obscured by another component.

I may have 4 or 5 local breakouts in a view to dimension or weld components that don't require a full view x-section to define.

Excellent!

As I said, I never realised until today that it was possible. I shall pass it on to my users with the recommendation that they use it wisely.

Thanks, Stephen

John

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I was thinking about it and I use it for tons of breakouts for showing hardware on assembly drawings. It's been available for as long as I have been using pro/e (version 15 around 1995). It's an excellent tool.

Now I know you can do it and you have pointed out how it can be used, I have already found an application!

It just goes to prove that you are never too old to learn new things. Of course, it may be that some of them are just old things that you have forgotten over the years, but the effect is much the same...

John

Top Tags