cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing Views Not Obeying Sheet Scale

JordanThomas
1-Newbie

Drawing Views Not Obeying Sheet Scale

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone out there might be able to help with a little problem I have been having. I have a multi-model drawing where only the views from one of the models obeys the sheet scale when set to "Default scale for sheet". The other model's views list and adhere to a completely different "Default scale for sheet" I have attached some screenshots for clarity. Also, the version of Creo I am using is Creo Parametric 2.0 with WindchillPLM 10.1.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jordan,

When you change scale you change it for current model. Since you have multiple models you need to change for all. Change current model then scale and so on.

Yes. Broken is the way it works.

I've come across the same need recently and it is a truly awful thing. It looks like sheet scale, is shown like sheet scale, and is basically called sheet scale, but it is really scale for the model that was active at the time the sheet was created. So any models other than that one and every model added after that will have their own custom sheet scale.

The best I can suggest is that one can select a model by double clicking the model name at the bottom edge of the window instead of having to activate each model from RMB Activate and select. I don't recall if it worked, but if you Activate the model you want to drive the sheet scale and then reapply the format, it may set the sheet scale indicator to that model.

What's really nice about it is that usually a lot of models will require a lot of sheets so it's n^2 growth in the amount of work done to make sure all the sheet scales are coordinated.

Thanks guys. I tried activiting other models and changing the scale to no avail; however, I did finally check what exactly the Sheet Scale value was linked to (probably should have done that in the first place, sorry). You are correct, it was linked to the first model added the the sheet. So after I activated the model that I needed to scale, all I had to do was to change the 'Scale' reference from "&scale:2" to &scale:D" to switch the reference to the currently active model. Hmm...now I just wonder if there is a way to change the sheet scale for ALL models...

Well, you can make product enhancement in idea section of forum. Who knows maybe we get lucky and Creo 3.0 has this fixed.

You are lucky. It's possible to add the view scale to the format; in that case there is no way to modify the model /drawing reference. Plus, being part of the format makes it impossible to change the scale to "None" for models where the drawing scale is immaterial.

Top Tags