cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing Views

ikamster
1-Newbie

Drawing Views

I have a large (20+ "B" size sheets) assembly drawingthat I have been working with. My problem is that I'll open the drawing, and section views, detail views, etc, are moved all over the sheets - including outside of the drawing format, even though they are "locked". I'll spend an entire day moving views back to their respective positions, save and check-in the drawing...and the next time I open it, they are again moved out of position! I guess I should add that the components of the assembly in question are being worked on during this time. But, I would think, if you are creating a drawing, even if it is WIP, after laying out a drawing sheet, wouldn't you expect the views to stay put? What am I doing wrong? I am using Creo Parametric 2.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:ikamster)

Drawing views are placed by the center of the view extents box. As you add components, the extents box changes, thus the center point moves.

Rob Reifsnyder
Mechanical Design Engineer/ Producibility Engineer / Components Engineer / Pro/E SME / Pro/E Librarian
[LM_Logo_Tag_RGB_NoR_r06]

Changing the view origins to be On Item from At Center.

I prefer to create a datum point and call it Origin to make its purpose clear, but anything that won't be removed is a useful target.

David, won't that daum point move as the "view extents box" changes size?

In Reply to ken miller:

David, won't that daum point move as the "view extents box" changes size?

The view origin is like a push pin.

Picking On Item pins that item to a particular coordinate on the drawing. If that datum point is fixed relative to the rest of the geometry, the rest of the geometry will also be fixed relatibe to the drawing.

x

It looks like setting the origin "on item" is just what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Hello Ken,

First if possible Purge that Drawing Sheet, I think some older version is effected current sheet..

Also check that LOCK VIEW MOVEMENT is on...

From this your View is Fix and Not able to move,

Check it Out,,, Hope you will get Solution....

Top Tags