cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Drawing changed but not changed

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Drawing changed but not changed

We have an assembly that the designer put too many mounting plates in. The drawing BOM showed 26 plates but only 24 columns. When he went in and removed the 2 extra plates from the assembly and then opened the drawing, he received a message that the BOM count quantity had changed from 26 to 24. All good so far, Checked out the drawing and with the change went to check it back in. Message appears that nothing has changed so nothing to check in. What is Creo thinking when it tells you that the BOM has changed but it isn't changed for checking back in?

Same thing but with a dimension. Changed from a single hole diameter callout to adding a 4X. Open the drawing, get notified that the dimension has changed, but nothing to check in due to being no change.

In both cases, we had to do something in the drawings to 'force' a change that Creo would recognize as a change to get the changes checked back in.

Very frustrating and in both had to open the drawings twice to realize what it would take to fix them.

If the software is 'smart' enough to know a change has taken place in the assembly or model to tell you that it has changed the drawing, that should be enough to let the file be checked back and get the change updated.

Is this a bug with Creo 7.0.10.0 or just something new that a change is not a change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm pretty sure this has been a thing all along. I've seen it over and over. I just move a note slightly or something and save.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm pretty sure this has been a thing all along. I've seen it over and over. I just move a note slightly or something and save.

Top Tags