cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Drawing config option

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Drawing config option

Hi all,

is there a config option to control how far the witness line extends beyond the text in this dimension? i would like to shorten it.

Regards

JohnScreenHunter_01+May.+21+07.44.bmp

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

hi John,

I can't seem to find out how come you have the leader dim so long. I don't think there is such setting in drawing options.

Are you sure you haven't added couple of spaces behind the dimension text? Behind the @D actually.

I believe you are looking for one of these.

leader_elbow_length 0.250000

dim_leader_length 0.2500000

dim_text_gap 0.500000

Thank you for your replies,

Jakub, i can't figure it out either, there are no spaces behind the text. Andrew, i looked at those config options & was hopeful that one of them would do the trick, but no, it did not alter the length of the leader line. It is really not that important, so i won't spend any more time searching for a solution. Thanks again.

Regards

John

Did you change this in the drawing you were in or in the file itself? If you changed the file directly then you will need to add the new version of the .dtl file to the drawing.

Hi Andrew,

i did both. This is a set of models & drawings from a customer of mine, so i am working with their .dtl file. I looked at my own file, then compared to theirs, i don't have this issue, but most of my settings are ansi, whereas my customer's are iso, i put it down to that in the end.

John

Top Tags