cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawing dimension leader line...

PAULKORENKIEWIC
1-Newbie

Drawing dimension leader line...

I have a diameter dimension with several lines of PREFIX text, so the leader line comes off the third line. I believe there is a "code" that I can put into the dimension text to dictate which line the leader comes off, but I can't remember it nor find it... Help???

Thanks...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Lots of suggestions for "@o"... but that doesn't "play well" IF you still want the real dimension to show up; in other words if you still have, and want, the "@D" in there...

I could have sworn I've done this before with some other "code"... hmmmm....

Thanks...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

From Olaf Corten's site
Using the @ character in Notes and Dimensions
When creating a note or modifying dimension text you can use the @ character for several purposes:
BEGIN

TEXT

END

@[

Enclose text in a box

@]

@+

Superscript text

@#

@-

Subscript text

@#

@o

Attach placeholder of multiple line leader note to this line

@D

Dimension displayed as a numeric value

@S

Dimension displayed as a symbolic value

@O

Don't Display Dimension

David Haigh

The @o is twofold… in a multiline it will work as the leader attachment, but in a dimension it will act as an override of the text.

One solution (although not ideal) is to create it as a multiline note that is calling the dimension. I used this example with a drawing dim, but you can do it with a model dim as well.

Try @O in a created dimension, that'd match the models dimension...

Glen R Wisham
MOEC EW Mechanical Engineering
Space and Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company

805.879.3359 (office)
805.879.3017 (fax)
561.3359 (tie line)
-

6380 Hollister Avenue
Goleta CA 93117-3114 USA
Top Tags