cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Drawing font size

gbarnett
1-Newbie

Drawing font size

Can anyone help me to change the font size of just the super and subscripts of a drawing dimension? I have drawing (dwg1) that I want to look like and old drawing (dwg2). I can change the overal height and thickness of the dimension, but not just the super and subscripts. Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately this is one of the ISO introductions. It is quite prevelent in the Euro drawings.

It is controlled in the drawing's *.dtl file and also in the model's detail options.

Model: File>Prepare>Model Properties>Detail Options

Drawing: File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options

tol_display_factor.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The tiny characters are just plain wrong. Tolerances are to be in the same size font as the dimension they are part of. I mention this hoping this is not a default part of the software.

The main thing I'd look at is that someone specifically changed the text height. You should be able to select just the tolerance and change the properties.

The second is that this is typed in text that has had it's properties changed.

Unfortunately this is one of the ISO introductions. It is quite prevelent in the Euro drawings.

It is controlled in the drawing's *.dtl file and also in the model's detail options.

Model: File>Prepare>Model Properties>Detail Options

Drawing: File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options

tol_display_factor.PNG

ISO - Great. The same nuts that thought the toilet plunger was a good way to indicate a datum feature and infected the ASME Y14.5 committee with the same deficient thought.

Is legibility a bad thing in Europe?

I couldn't find it within PTC help, but it looks like it's been there for a while, hidden away.

tol_text_height_factor STANDARD

tol_text_width_factor STANDARD

Who knew the text STANDARD would accept a numeric value?

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags