cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing formats and templates

vmunos
1-Newbie

Drawing formats and templates

I am trying create a drawing template for part files which will automatically place views, snap lines, dimensions, and all other information possibly contained within a part file (welds, GD&T, section views, datum planes, etc.). The goal is obviously to reduce the amount of time spent creating drawings and hopefully to improve drawing quality.

Some other things I would like to know are how to control the # of decimal places given to each dimension (for tolerancing).

Thanks ahead of time!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:vmunos)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:vmunos)

You control the default number of digits in the part/assy file using config.pro option default_dec_places <n>

You can further change the decimal places by editing the properties of each dimension that is not the same as the default.

I prefer to leave my model decimal places set to 4 so I can see more accurately what is being modeled. I then choose the accuracy as appropriate on the drawing by editing the drawing annotation.

You have to be careful when setting the decimal places to low as some calculations will round the number of decimal places and what you thought was .1875 is actually .19 due to a rounding when you typed 3/16 in the dialog. Really scary!

Top Tags