cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

tolerance for overridden dim's

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

tolerance for overridden dim's

Can someone tell me how to get Creo 2.0 to display a tolerance for an overridden dimension?
The system will let me place a tolerance in the drawing on a created dimension but if I have to (@o) override that value then the tolerance disappears from the drawing dimension. It's still shows in the properties box of that dimension but the tolerance doesn't display in the drawing.
Is there a detailing option that will allow tolerances for overridden dim's?

Second choice for a fix would be to manually enter the tolerance text.
If someone knows how I can enter that string so that non-symmetrical tolerances show up in the Over/Under format rather than +.001/-.004.
I'd like the +.001 to be on top and the minus value directly under it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all

tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TracyWillis
5-Regular Member
(To:TracyWillis)

Placing this line right after the overridden value worked.
@++.0010@#@--.0040@#

[cid:image001.png@01CE6B69.B74825E0]

The @# at the end resets the text to fall on the same line as the @d line or (@o in my case)
Also - should point out that without the @# in the middle the system will ignore the @- and place everything on the superscript line.

Had many replies with this same solution so thank you to everyone.
Good day all.

tw
Top Tags