cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing layer unhiding when pdf of drawing is produced in EPDM

Engineer_Evan
1-Newbie

Drawing layer unhiding when pdf of drawing is produced in EPDM

Hello, 

I've been having an issue where I have some parts that use some sketches in the parts themselves to show locations in the model based definition drawings (IE: circles or lines to show locations to mask ect). These MBD piece parts are then used in an assembly that's a standard 2D drawing in Creo. I don't want these sketches to show in the assembly drawing as they're not used and could cause confusion. I've found that within the layer tree in the drawing all of these sketches seem to exist in the 005_CURVES layer in each part, so I went through and hid them all so they're no longer showing in my assembly so I figured I was good. 

The issue: We use EPDM windchill, so once I checked in the drawing in Creo and pulled the PDF of it from EPDM the sketches were showing up again. It seems that something is un-hiding this layer when the drawing gets sent over to EPDM. If I produce a pdf from creo directly they don't seem to show up, but I need to be able to pull the correct drawing from EPDM as that's what our manufacturing guys will be doing. 

Has anyone run into this issue before? Thanks in advance for any info! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Engineer_Evan)

Without screen shots or files, it is hard to know exactly what you have.  However here a few things to consider.

Are you saving the layer status after hiding them?

Are you checking the models in after changing and saving the layer status?

Are you hiding these layers in the drawing and saving the layer status?

For a standard 2D drawings, we set the drawing to control layer status separate from the model status.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Engineer_Evan)

Without screen shots or files, it is hard to know exactly what you have.  However here a few things to consider.

Are you saving the layer status after hiding them?

Are you checking the models in after changing and saving the layer status?

Are you hiding these layers in the drawing and saving the layer status?

For a standard 2D drawings, we set the drawing to control layer status separate from the model status.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thank you for the info! Turns out I just needed to do "Save status" after hiding the layer, then checking it in. Thanks so much for the help. 

Top Tags