cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing link to properties change

cjohansson-2
1-Newbie

Drawing link to properties change

I have a drawing with an annotation linked to a model property.

It contains info about the sheet metal thickness:

T=&SMT_THICKNESS[.2]mm.

I made a redesign in a new part and then renamed it to match the link in the drawing.

When I opened the drawing again and edit the annotation the link is changed to:

T={5:&SMT_DFLT_BEND_REL_ANGLE:2[.2]}mm.

Why??

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Additional information:

On another similar drawing it was changed to:

T={5:&SMT_GAP:4[.2]}mm

The {1:___} syntax is just Pro/E defining a 'block' of text, mostly for formatting purposes.

I've put these in manually on various occasions, for two reasons:

1) To isolate a section of text for a different format (e.g. larger text height). After putting the marker into the text and closing the dialogue box, you can first select the whole note but then select just the text within the marker; and then use Text Style to change it.

2) To clearly separate a parameter or dimension reference from adjacent text. For example, "CSK Ø&d21x&d22" doesn't work (IIRC - or didn't in some version of Wildfire) because it tries to look for a parameter called "d21x"; inserting the separators makes it clear: "CSK Ø{1:&d21}x&d22".

(In case you're not aware of this technique, it calls up the dimensions d21 and d22 within the current note (or other dimension) and displays as, for example: "CSK Ø15x90°".)

The number is just an identifier: typically the first 'block' is {1:___}, the next is {2:____} and so on.

Exactly why it's decided that your particular block of text needs isolating, I can't tell you...

Also, why it appears to have changed the parameter reference to point to a different parameter is not obvious.

Maybe my question needs to be explained more.

In the drawing the annotation T=&SMT_THICKNESS[.2]mm was AUTOMATICALLY changed to
T={5:&SMT_DFLT_BEND_REL_ANGLE:2[.2]}mm.

SMT thickness can only be in this case 1,25 but after switching to a new reference model it was 45 due to an incorrect property link in drawing!!

One has to ask (meaning, ask customer support in a support case) why in the world a variable name is changing to another variable in annotation on a save-as operation. This really needs to be reported.

I don't think it was a save-as. He created an independent part using the same name as the original part. It's not surprising that the order of features would lead to a different index location leading to a different results in the drawing.

One wouldn't think that a parameter driven annotation is stored only as an index reference.

Live and learn 🙂

Claes,

please upload some example data and add more detailed description...

I don't understand your sentence ... I made a redesign in a new part and then renamed it to match the link in the drawing.

Does this mean that you created different model, gave it the same name as the original model ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes Martin, you are right.

Can you upload some example data ?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags