cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Drawing note properties

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Drawing note properties

Hi all,

does anyone know if it is possible to edit the properties of a basic drawing note, in such a way as i can have the individual words different heights. For example, lets say i have a note that reads "drill & tap M8". I set the text height for the note to be 4mm, but i want to have the M8 portion of the note 6mm tall.

Can this be done?

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes. The first thing is to enclose one or all parts of the note text in curly brackets, to divide it into sections:

DRILL & TAP {1:M&d27} (or {1:M8}, of course)

or

{1:DRILL & TAP }{2:M&d27}

Then:

• OK the note Properties box
  • Select the note (single click)
  • Select the section of text you want to change (single click again)
  • RMB -> Text Style
  • Change the size, font etc. as required and OK

Note that we don't use preselection highlighting, so the exact selection technique may vary slightly.

HTH!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes. The first thing is to enclose one or all parts of the note text in curly brackets, to divide it into sections:

DRILL & TAP {1:M&d27} (or {1:M8}, of course)

or

{1:DRILL & TAP }{2:M&d27}

Then:

• OK the note Properties box
  • Select the note (single click)
  • Select the section of text you want to change (single click again)
  • RMB -> Text Style
  • Change the size, font etc. as required and OK

Note that we don't use preselection highlighting, so the exact selection technique may vary slightly.

HTH!

Thank you Jonathan,

i knew there must be some way of doing it. I just tried doing the same with sketched text in part mode, i does not appear to work the in the same way, which is a shame.

Regards

John

Top Tags