cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing showing negative dimensions

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Drawing showing negative dimensions

I have a group of users (our Tool Design dept) that experiencing something I've never seen before.

When 5 of the 6 people open a particular drawing, everything appears correctly.

When the other guy opens the same file, a bunch of dimensions show as negative values. If he opens the properties window for one of these dims they show, for example, -2.00. If he removes the negative, the features fly off the part. These neg value dimensions only appear on one sheet and only show up on two parts. They also don't show in every dimension for those particular features.

The features are not created off a coordinate system, nor are they referencing datum planes. Not that this should matter in my experience.

I've tried looking for configs that may alter this, but can't find anything. Plus, he doesn't have a local config anyway.

So short of tech support, which is going to want the file and I'm reluctant to go through those hoops just yet,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Thanks goes out to Tim McLellan for pointing out the following:

"Look for "show_dim_sign" config.pro option"

Even though I asked him to look for a local config.pro and he reported negative, that user did in fact have that as a local config setting.

Thanks to all who replied.

In Reply to Don Senchuk:

I have a group of users (our Tool Design dept) that experiencing something I've never seen before.

When 5 of the 6 people open a particular drawing, everything appears correctly.

When the other guy opens the same file, a bunch of dimensions show as negative values. If he opens the properties window for one of these dims they show, for example, -2.00. If he removes the negative, the features fly off the part. These neg value dimensions only appear on one sheet and only show up on two parts. They also don't show in every dimension for those particular features.

The features are not created off a coordinate system, nor are they referencing datum planes. Not that this should matter in my experience.

I've tried looking for configs that may alter this, but can't find anything. Plus, he doesn't have a local config anyway.

So short of tech support, which is going to want the file and I'm reluctant to go through those hoops just yet,

Top Tags