cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing table with dimensions names and values with/without tolerances

GI
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Drawing table with dimensions names and values with/without tolerances

Hi everyone,

I woiuld like to have on my drawing a drawing table with two columns.

In the first cloumn I would like to show the drawing dimension name (coming from the drawing) and in the second one to show the dimension value with/without tolerances (also coming from the drawing, not from the model).

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:GI)

How do you get the drawing dimension name? Do you mean the d# assigned to the dimension?

The dimension values can only be shown once on a drawing, either as a dimension on the edge of the part or in a table. PTC considers it double dimensioning to allow a dimension to be shown in both places.

Build a table and populate it with dimension values and you will see what I mean.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:GI)

@GI wrote:

Hi everyone,

I woiuld like to have on my drawing a drawing table with two columns.

In the first cloumn I would like to show the drawing dimension name (coming from the drawing) and in the second one to show the dimension value with/without tolerances (also coming from the drawing, not from the model).

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

the ability to create such a table is not implemented in Creo. User can develop an add-on application providing such functionality using Creo Toolkit (I am not sure if J-Link -or- VB API enables it).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags