cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Drawing with Shaded View Doesn't Print Correctly

ohma0043
4-Participant

Drawing with Shaded View Doesn't Print Correctly

I am having issues printing a drawing that has separate views with "No Hidden" and "Shading with Edges". When printing the drawing the views with "no hidden" display print fine, bu the shaded view doesn't print at all. I am wondering if it is a config file setting that was accidentally added, but this only started happening within the past few weeks... Any help would be appreciated. I attached a screen shot of the drawing and what it looks like in print preview which doesn't show the shaded view.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I guess you have to print using MS Printer Manager.

Martin Hanák
ohma0043
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I do print using the printer manager. I added the screen shot to the OP to show that the shaded image doesn't show up in the print preview or on an actual print. So I don't know if there is some setting to change, or if it is a software issue. 

@ohma0043

- Is this specific to part?

- Try using other printers, Generic Postscript or try adding any one for DESIGNJET.

- Try creating a PDF and check if shaded view is available or not. 

- Apply different color to part and test the print.

- Try launching Creo without any config files.

- Share any data to test.

So I found that my config file was the issue as you suggested. I tried importing another persons config file before, but I guess I needed to have Creo start up with that file instead of importing it. Somehow the option enable_opengl_shader was added to my config file, not sure how... I deleted this from the config file, and now I am able to print without issues. Thanks to all for the help!

@ohma0043

Great, you may close the post. 

Hi,

what Creo version do you use ?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags