cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Drawing

VedikDalal
1-Newbie

Drawing

Can a drawing which was created using First Angle be converted into Third Angle automatically, somehow?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

The projection angle is controlled by the detail setup file.
projection_type THIRD_ANGLE

I have my doubts that changing this will change existing views.

And of course it will not change the symbol in the drawing format
[cid:image001.png@01CF48C7.048AF0E0]

David Haigh
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:VedikDalal)

I will be waiting to hear what the verdict is on this one. My guess is "no."

Michael P. Locascio

mlocascio
4-Participant

Somehow I laugh at the remark "it will not change the symbol." I am pretty
sure that was a joke.

Michael P. Locascio

The very definition of dry humor…

dgallup
4-Participant

Not automatically. Changing the projection in the drawing detail file will only affect new views, it is not retroactive. You can just drag projection views to the opposite side of the parrent view. Obviously you will have to do some moving around of views to get it to fit.

Alternately, you could change the projection setting, project new views in the same directions as the existing views and then switch the old view dimensions to the new views. However, there is a good chance some things in the old views will not be visible in the new views.

And of course, you will have to manually change the projection symbol, if it part of your format you may have to replace the format.

In Reply to Vedik Dalal:

Can a drawing which was created using First Angle be converted into Third Angle automatically, somehow?

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Top Tags