cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Dynamic / Auto Revision Table?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Dynamic / Auto Revision Table?

Has anyone come up with a way to auto populate the revision table and or do away with it? All of our revision changes are controlled in PDMLink. Back in the day revision control was recorded on the drawing because there was no other record keeping but now the EC history is easily accessible from the PDM.

We are attempting to figure out a way to error proof the revision table (automate it) and or do away with it all together. If we did away with it we would have a statement along the lines of “Engineering changes recorded electronically in PDM and are available upon request”.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

The closest I've ever seen had the ability to read the current revision from Windchill PDMLink plus used some model parameters for the rest of the information (drafter, checker, date, revision number).

I'm not sure it's possible to easily do what you're asking for.

ModelCHECK can be set up to ensure the parameters are all filled in, but that doesn't really mean the correct information will be included.

I also don't really see a way to fill in old revisions or to have the latest revision automatically create a new row in the revision table in order to keep that revision history on the fact of the drawing.

Your statement "engineering changes recorded electronically blahblahblah" makes me think that you were previously using the revision block to list every change from one revision to the next. Is that true? (Either way, can you provide a sample screen shot?)

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

FYI for anyone that finds this thread in the future. I just created a product idea for this in the Windchill area:

Add Windchill parameters for latest change number and where used

Apparently this can be done in Solidworks:

Revision table in epdm. | sagarbrahmbhatt

Top Tags